Minimally invasive methods of struggle against manifestations of photoaging and biological aging in the last few years are at the peak of popularity. And this is quite natural: who wants to go under the surgeon's knife, and if without such drastic measures to lose extra age, and without pain and anesthesia with a minimal rehabilitation period.
ELOS-rejuvenation is one of the most effective and comfortable for the patient hardware techniques that allows to correct aesthetic defects of the skin and to remove the major signs of aging. Its action is based on the combined effect of light and radio frequency radiation, which provides a pronounced and lasting results with almost complete security.
What is the difference of new technologies from the classic photorejuvenation? Are there any contraindications? What results you can expect and how much it will cost the full course? TecRussia.ru our experts and specialists of the leading cosmetic clinics answer all main questions:
What is ELOS-rejuvenation..?
The abbreviation for ELOS stands for Electro-Optical Synergy. The name, of course, no coincidence it points to two kinds of energy used when carrying out this procedure:
- bipolar radio frequency radiation, simply put an electric current;
- pulsed light energy.
Originally the technique was developed as an innovative method of hair removal, here her action generally similar to the laser, but to remove not only dark and dense, but also light and thin hair. But the reaction of the skin was much more interesting: after the course of treatments she was getting more toned, smooth and hydrated, levelled and improved the color, reduced the severity of wrinkles, pigmentation became lighter, disappeared the vascular mesh and even acne.
...and how does it work?
electro-optical effect occurs in 2 stages:
- First skin sent a pulse of light radiation, which heats the target area (hair follicles, vascular or pigmented area, etc.) to a certain temperature. This decreases the resistance and start the process of thermolysis.
- Following this, between the two electrodes pass the current pulses, they continue to raise the temperature of the plots has already been heated by light, gradually providing the desired result: discoloration pigmentation, spike vessel, the destruction of hair follicles, fat cells, tightening collagenic matrix, stimulates production of new collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid.
This combined thermal effects will be much more effective and gentle than a stand-alone light. That is due to the fact that in the second case, the epidermis prevents the penetration of light energy into the deeper layers of the dermis, accumulating heat and greatly increasing the risk of burns and hyperpigmentation. That is why traditional photo rejuvenation (IPL) has many restrictions on the use. The use of current allows you to bypass this obstacle and only affect the target area, almost without affecting the surrounding tissue.
Indications for the procedures
Experts recommend starting ELOS-rejuvenation of the appearance of obvious signs of Chrono - and photoaging. They usually become apparent in 30-40 years, but sometimes earlier, here everything is very individual. The range of problems which copes this method is very wide:
- small and medium depth wrinkles;
- ptosis of soft tissues of face, loss of definition of the oval, uneven and dull color;
- low fluid level of the skin, reducing its tone.
- rosacea and some other vascular diseases;
- different types of pigmentation;
- acne and postacne;
- loss of elasticity and slight sagging skin on the neck and decollete;
- wrinkles on any area of the body, as after sudden weight loss, and also because of aging;
- small scars and stretch marks.
For greater effect, modern electro-optical devices are adjusted to the patient with consideration of skin color, age group and specific aesthetic problems.
The equipment for ELOS treatments manufactured by Syneron Medical LTD. Other official manufacturers on the market. The lineup includes brands such as E-light, E-style, E-max, Aurora and others. However, the patient does not matter what kind of device is in the clinic, because they differ only in the set of nozzles, which you can work.
How is the procedure
Before starting the course you must prepare the skin to heat. To do this, within 2 weeks we will have:
- completely abandon the sun on the beach or in the Solarium;
- not to perform cosmetic and other injections in the treatment area;
- not to the median and deep chemical peelings, laser or mechanical grinding and other aggressive treatments.
3-4 days before the session are added restrictions on the action, irritating the skin: it is impossible to bathe in the sauna, relax in the sauna, take a hot bath, do the cleaning of the face, use scrubs, etc.
All nozzles for ELOS machines have filters that mute the flash, so the surface temperature of the skin exceeds the normal no more than 5-10 degrees. During the treatment patients do not feel pain: you may feel a little tingling and warmth, which almost no one finds uncomfortable. The exception is the removal of a vascular grid on particularly sensitive areas of the face such as the nose wings: csclerosing will be painful even in the safest modes of treatment.Before beginning the procedure, the doctor cleans the skin of all dirt and covers it with conductive gel, and the eye of the patient closes the special protective goggles. The session takes 30 to 120 minutes, depending on the size of the treated area and nature of dermatological problems. So, for the face is enough for 40-45 minutes, but the work in the complex face-neck-neckline will take at least 1.5 hours.
Standard ELOS-rejuvenation consists of 4-6 treatments, performed c interval in 1-1,5 months (such a long interval required for recovery of the epidermis, and the full manifestation of the effect of temperature in the deeper layers of the dermis). Positive changes can be seen few weeks after the first session. However, some improvement of complexion and texture of skin tightening and pore constriction occur in a few days. And saved the result in 1.5-2 years.
If in addition to rejuvenation, you must also eliminate skin imperfections (stretch marks, scars, age spots, vascular education), it is necessary to adopt a more long-term expectation.
So, the pigmentation becomes lighter, not earlier than 3-4 weeks after the start of treatment, and the vascular mesh begins to disappear only after 8-10 weeks.
Holding the ELOS treatments is eliminated in the presence of one or more factors:Contraindications, possible complications and side effects
- severe sunburn and increased skin sensitivity to light or the current receiving photosensitizing drugs;
- the presence of wounds or inflammatory processes, as well as multiple tumors in the treatment area;
- the tendency to form keloid scars or hyperpigmentation;
- exacerbation of chronic systemic diseases.
- diabetes, disorders of blood coagulation, oncological diseases;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- the presence of metallic implants and pacemaker or hearing aid;
- varicose veins in the treatment area;
- epilepsy, a neurological disorder;
- the age of 18.
The main side effects, which notes a significant part of the patients slight swelling and redness of the treated area which 2-3 days are themselves. More serious problems arise when the beautician of the basics of the procedure:
- improper selection of exposure parameters;
- improper use of c nozzles of the apparatus;
- the use of outdated attachments;
- too often (at least 3 weeks between sessions) a procedure in which the collagenic fibers do not have time to be updated.
In these cases, possible burns, bruises, redness, scarring and other skin deformations, correct that at times can be quite difficult. To avoid such complications it is easy, we only need to responsibly approach the choice of the cosmetologist and the clinic.
Is it true that ELOS causes cancer?
In relation to this, as did others in varying degrees of innovative techniques, always appear some doubts in safety. In particular, it argued that the intense irradiation of the skin by light can trigger melanoma malignization, and other neoplasms. The same is true for the active ultraviolet radiation, but in electro-optic devices are used, only infrared light, so any correlation of these c procedures with Oncology experts completely deny.
Key features and misconceptions concerning electro-optical rejuvenation. Says Dr. Ivanov I. N.
ELOS itself does not cause skin cancer, I'm sure the beautician Irina Ivanova from the clinic DoctorPlastic If the treatment area is a tumor, they will of course bypass. And I advise patients in advance to make sure they are not malignant. Cancer is a contraindication for any treatments since any exposure can lead to accelerated tumor development. However, if initially the cancer was gone, ELOS it will not provoke!
How much does ELOS-rejuvenation? Prices
Rates per session will depend on the square of the target zone and what the aesthetic problem of the patient to be handled. Also, it is the age of the equipment used, the qualification of the doctor, clinic's pricing policy. The average price for 1 session of ELOS-rejuvenation in Moscow are:
- Face from 3 500 to 15 000 rubles.
- The neck is from 3 000 to 11 500 RUB.
- Neckline from 4 000 to 10 000.
- Face, neck and décolleté from 10 000 to 27 000.
- The area around the eyes from 2 000 to 5 000 RUB.
- Hands from 3 000 to 8 000 RUB.