Laser resurfacing technology is known under several names: fractional laser peeling, laser thermolysis, "Fraxel". The name Fraxel is the proprietary name for this laser technology. This method is currently one of the most effective methods of anti-age therapy and elimination of skin imperfections.
The principle of laser action was patented for the first time in the world in 2004. Fractionality is the division of a laser beam into multiple microbeams. That is, the laser affects the skin not with a solid spot, but with a kind of mesh. High-intensity micro-beams penetrate to a depth of 1 mm, ensuring the highest efficiency of the procedures. In this case, the beam burns through small holes in the tissues, which are called microablation zones. The contents of these holes evaporate. The total volume of holes can reach 10% of the area of the skin to be treated. Associated with this is the first mechanism of skin remodeling in fractional laser resurfacing: a reduction in skin area and a tightening effect. Another effect of exposure is thermal. The upper dermis heats up, which provokes a response to the wound-healing skin reaction. This response automatically stimulates the activity of fibroblasts, and they begin to produce more collagen and elastin.
Advantages of the laser resurfacing method
- fractionality minimizes skin damage by leaving islands of intact tissue from which healing takes place.
- the regenerative resource of the skin is preserved, which ensures quick rehabilitation and the patient's return to his usual life.
- allows you to process large areas in one procedure.
- simultaneously improves the structure of the skin and eliminates hyperpigmentation.
- provides high security.
- requires surface anesthesia and allows the procedure to be carried out in the area of the eyes, neck and décolleté.
Indications for grinding
- pronounced signs of skin aging;
- age-related aging of the skin, manifested by wrinkles, ptosis and loss of elasticity;
- excess skin in the eyelids, neck, face;
- cicatricial changes in the skin (post-acne scars, striae, post-traumatic and postoperative);
- hyperkeratosis of various origins.
Are there any contraindications?
- pregnancy, lactation;
- various tumor processes;
- dermatological diseases in the acute stage (including herpes);
- keloid scars;
- unrealistic expectations and patient refusal to cooperate.
The rest of the contraindications are relative and discussed with the doctor, since this procedure belongs to physiotherapy methods. Menstruation is NOT a contraindication.
Do I need to prepare?
You need to pay attention to the following points:
- 2 weeks before the procedure, do not sunbathe and start using sunscreen (SPF-30 or higher).
- 1-2 days before the procedure, start taking antiviral drugs if the patient suffers from recurrent herpes infection.
Is the procedure painful?
The technology is a moderately painful procedure requiring a superficial application of anesthesia. During the procedure, the client feels a slight burning sensation.
How is laser resurfacing (laser rejuvenation, fractional thermolysis of CO2, Fraxel technology)
On an outpatient basis, in a beauty parlor. The duration of the procedure, depending on the amount of work: from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Before the procedure, the skin must be cleansed. Then an anesthetic ointment is applied to the skin. During the procedure itself, the cosmetologist treats the skin with a special laser nozzle. The duration of the procedure is determined individually. At the end of the laser treatment, a soothing cream is applied to the skin. Further, it is important to take care of the skin, as it is undergoing intensive processes of restoration and restructuring. It is necessary to moisturize the skin for at least 2 weeks using light and non-greasy cosmetics. Also, in order to avoid hyperpigmentation, it is recommended to protect the skin from exposure to sunlight.
How many sessions are required?
When correcting age-related changes, 1-2 procedures are performed per year. With a frequency of 1-3 months. When correcting cicatricial changes, the required number of sessions is carried out.
What are the recommendations for those who have undergone treatment?
- apply the drugs recommended by the doctor to the skin;
- do not sunbathe for 2 months;
- use sunscreen with a filter of at least SPF 30;
- limit visits to the sauna, bath, pool until the moment of complete epithelialization (2-3 weeks);
- limit the use of decorative cosmetics;
- do not self-medicate.
What are the results of laser resurfacing (laser rejuvenation, fractional thermolysis of CO2, Fraxel technology)
After laser exposure, redness occurs, as well as moderate swelling and burning (as in a sunburn), which persist from 1 to 2 days. On days 3-7, slight peeling is usually observed - this is an absolutely normal reaction of the body.
The first results can be seen in a week - wrinkles are smoothed and pores are narrowed, the skin is tightened, its structure and color are improved. For a more pronounced and lasting result, you should take a course of several consecutive sessions.
- pronounced lifting and reduction of excess skin;
- smoothing of the skin surface, including in the presence of wrinkles and scars;
- eliminates pigmentation, enlarged pores;
- stretch marks are reduced.
The result lasts from 1 year to several years.